Abid Hussain Wani
Doda, January 14: A massive fire broke out after short-circuit in Marmat area of Doda.
As per reports, Four Tripple story residental buildings in which office of the Agriculture Department and eight shops completely destroyed after Short-circuit occured in the residential house of Mihd Din Wani at Goha Village, Tehsil Marmat in Doda district of Jammu & Kashmiri on today afternoon.
The short-circuit severally damaged another its adjoining three residential houses of tripple story buildings which belongs and to his brother Nabi Baksh Wani, Joginder Lal and the house of Retired Tehsildar Prithvi Raj Manhas. Locals and Police immediately rushed the spot and started resuce operation to saved the official records and utensil of houses. Seed of oats more than 12 quantils gutted in devastating fire. Locals also try to douse the fire but due to wooden construction amd non availability of Fire and Emergency Service the building completely destroyed and crores of property turns into ashes. Later, Fire & Emergency Service reached the spot about 40Km away from Doda headquarter.
However, no loss of life but minor injury are reported.
It is pertinent to mention here that, More than 50 thousands population in Marmat Tehsil but unfortunate their is no Fire & Emergency Service available and have to wait at least for 2-3 hours. Locals of the area also demanded to higher authorities DDC Doda to provide Fire & Emergency Service as early possible.